1. Letters must be signed and include an address and phone number. We will not publish your street address or telephone number. They are for verification purposes only. No anonymous letters will be printed.
2. Letters should be the original work of the author. Please do not send columns or articles that are not your own work. Please do not copy-and-paste letters provided by Web sites, political parties or interest groups.
3. Letters must be 200 words or less. We reserve the right to edit all letters for length, accuracy, grammar and clarity.
4. For reasons of space and fairness, we limit letter writers to one published letter per 30-day period.
5.Â Please do not send your letter as an attached file to an e-mail. Instead, type or copy the text into the space provided below. To copy from an open Word file, highlight the text in the file and type "Control" (Ctrl) and "C" at the same time. Then click on the "Text" field in this form and type "Control" (Ctrl) and "V" at the same time. (Macintosh users: Use the "Apple" or "Command" key instead of "Control.")
6. We reserve the right to reject any letter for publication.
7. If you have questions, please call Editorial Page Editor Les Smith at