An offer hard to refuse...
The PT Barnum of NASCAR is retired, but here’s an offer worthy of Humpy Wheeler – the Victory Lane Club at Lowe’s Motor Speedway, which probably will again be known as Charlotte Motor Speedway. Lowe’s decided not to re-up the name licensing.
It’s kind of season tickets for the superspeedway alone. It includes the All-Star race, Coke 600 and the fall race, with a lot of perks. Best of all, you can purchase the package interest-free in 3 payments.
I got a promotion on this a week or so ago, but didn’t really look into it. Now, after reading the Web site and talking to the ticket office, it looks like a good plan.
Now, I'm not in the business of selling this stuff, but I do appreciate a good bargain. With the economy the way it's been the last couple of seasons, tracks are looking at ways to get the fannies in the seats. Apparently the $59 all-you-can-eat deal didn't draw enough takers, so it's gone. Of course the seats weren't that good (Diamond Tower) but the concept worked at Major League Baseball.
I still contend, what other sport gets 160,000 to 200,000 fans to a venue to watch it live? Granted, it took until last week to sell out the Bristol race this coming Saturday night. But, it sold out - 160,000 people at Thunder Valley.
Since I’ve talked at length to my LMS ticket agent Asa, here’s what I know.
The Victory Lane Club is a perk of purchasing a ticket to all three races or renewing your ticket to all three races but it has to be to all three.
If you sit in the Diamond Tower, your cost is much lower (around $130 for the three events) than in the GM Grandstand at the start-finish line (my personal favorite spot, about that same price only for one race - so factor by three). Right now, it looks like I’ll be in GM Section H row 27 aisle seats. Not bad. Pricy, but not bad. You can see everything there – the garages, pits and of course, double wide restarts and the race winning moment.
This is a shot at last year's All-Star from those seats. Not bad, eh? Worth it, so totally worth it.
Now, here are the perks:
• One free ticket to either a Nationwide Series or Camping World Truck Series race. That’s one for the season, so choose wisely.
• Free pit pass to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, again choose wisely. I’m partial to the All-Star race, everyone is much more relaxed.
• Free entry to fan appreciation event on Friday of the Coca-Cola 600
• Free six-month dining privileges at the Speedway Club
• A complimentary breakfast on race day in the Nationwide Series garage
• Personalized Victory Lane Club hard card. This is not the NASCAR hard card with all access, essentially a membership card you need to get into the special events like the breakfast and Speedway Club.
• VIP reserved parking throughout the year, still being discussed as to location, but will probably be somewhere near your seats.
• Access to press conferences and exclusive events
• 10 percent off future ticket purchases
• 10 percent off merchandise at the Lowe's Motor Speedway gift shop
If this interests you, call the LMS ticket office at 1-800-455-FANS and speak directly to a ticket representative. I think Asa is a pretty good rep – call for him!